Dog transportation from Pet Van Lines is a service that delivers your pet to your door. We understand that moving can be stressful for your family and your pets. Our nationwide ground transportation for dogs can relieve some of your concerns about how your pet will respond to the transition.
Advantages of Dog Transportation
Our dog transportation services focus on your pet’s health, comfort, and safety. It differs from the bustle of a family move with a large truck, transporting your vehicles to another state, and unexpected events that can interrupt your plans. Dog shipping with Pet Van Lines allows your pet to calmly travel with plenty of space in a comfortable, climate-controlled SUV or minivan.
Reasons to ship your dog
- You’re relocating, moving, or have a long-term work assignment in another state.
- The airlines won’t accept your dog’s breed or size.
- Your dog doesn’t like flights, or you prefer not to fly with your dog or don’t want it in a plane’s cargo.
- The timing or logistics of your move might be stressful for your pet.
- You prefer to move your dog after your relocation is complete.
- You’ve found the ideal dog, but it’s with a long-distance breeder or seller.
- You’ve inherited or adopted a dog and need a way to get it to your home.
Dog Shipping – Ground vs. Air
Dog shipping on a plane is the fastest way to get your pet to its destination. If you decide to put your dog on a flight, Pet Van Lines will pick it up and deliver it to your door. But arranging a plane flight for your dog isn’t always possible, and it may not be what’s best for your pet. There are several advantages to our nationwide ground transportation for dogs.
- No size or breed restrictions – Airline policies might restrict your dog’s breed, weight, or size.
- Limited noise – Your dog won’t be disturbed by the sights and sounds in airplane cargo. Dog shipping in an SUV or minivan is limited to road noise.
- Comfort – We will transport your dog in a climate-controlled vehicle. Your pet will have plenty of space to sit comfortably. And it won’t be crammed in cargo. Your dog can sit comfortably in a roomy crate or on padding in one of our minivans or SUVs.
- Attentive to your pet – We regularly check on your pet and ensure it eats, rehydrates, and gets some exercise.
- Travel updates – We’ll give you updates on the progress of our travel and your dog’s well-being.
Safely Transporting Your Pet
Before Pet Van Lines transports your dog, we follow protocol to ensure it’s safe before and during travel.
- Certification of your dog’s health, including current vaccinations
- Dog collar with an ID and contact information for your new location
- Safe and secure crate or carrier for dog shipping
- Leash while walking your dog on breaks
Comfortable Dog Transportation
- If your dog is shy, nervous, older, or younger, our drivers will love and care for them as if they were their own.
- We handle rescue dogs with care and adjust to the limitations of their emotional and physical health.
- We encourage you to ship your dog with some of its favorite snacks or toys or a familiar blanket to increase comfort and decrease anxiety during the ride.
Flexible Scheduling to Minimize Your Stress
Pets are a part of the family. We’ll work with your schedule to transport your dog at the best time for your family and your pet. If you’re in the military and moving to a new post, we realize that you might have unexpected changes to your moving dates—or your location. We’ll adjust with your schedule to achieve the best outcome possible for delivering your pet to your home.
If you choose to fly your pet on an airplane, we can save you the travel time to and from the airport. We will pick up your pet from the airport and deliver it to your home or the destination of your choice.
At Pet Van Lines, our nationwide dog transportation services can contribute to a successful move for you and your pet. If you have questions about our services or want a moving estimate, call us or request a quote.